Start using online services
What the NHS App does
Use the NHS App to:
- book appointments - search for, book and cancel appointments at your GP surgery, and see details of your upcoming and past appointments
- order repeat prescriptions - see your available medicines and request a new repeat prescription
- check your symptoms - search trusted NHS information and advice on hundreds of conditions and treatments, and get instant advice or medical help near you
- view your medical record - securely access your GP medical record, to see information like your allergies and your current and past medicines
- register your organ donation decision - choose to donate some or all of your organs and check your registered decision
- find out how the NHS uses your data - choose if data from your health records is shared for research and planning
The NHS App is available now on iOS and Android.
How to register for online services
To use online services, you need to sign up and prove who you are.
For the NHS App you can do this in 2 ways:
- by taking a photo of your ID (passport, UK or EU driving licence, or European national identity card) and recording a short video of your face while you say 4 numbers
- using registration details from your GP surgery
Read more about how to use your ID and a video to sign up using NHS login.
To sign up using registration details from your GP surgery you will need to:
- Tell your GP surgery that you want to sign up for their online services. You may be able to do this over the phone, or you may have to go to your GP surgery. If you have to go, take a photo ID (passport or driving licence) and proof of address (such as a utility bill) if you have them.
- Fill in the short registration form you are given or sent.
- Log in using the registration details and instructions your GP surgery gives or sends you.
At Cedar House Surgery we also use Patient Access.
Did you know that you can book and cancel your appointments, order your repeat medication and view your medical records online via Patient Access?
You will need to register for this service even if you are already registered to make appointments and order prescriptions.
Please click the following link to download the Patient Access Registration Form which you will need to complete and return to the surgery.
Patient Access Registration Form
You will also need to bring along TWO pieces of ID, one piece of photographic identification and one recent
(within last 3 months) non-photographic correspondence, eg Utility bill, to complete the registration process.
You will have access to booking appointments and ordering repeat medication straight away. It can take up to a month to activate your medical record viewer. You will get an email when this is up and running.
You can still contact the practice by phone or in person, this is just another option, which other patients have
found is more convenient and saves them time. More information including “how to” leaflets and videos of
patients and why they are using GP online services are available at www.nhs.uk/gponlineservices.